Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct

Ah, well, it's been a long time since I've had a blog. I've had several, never really knowing what to say or why anyone would want to read what I've said. But, reading 23 Things for Professional Development has reinvigorated my desire to have a blog. So, here goes.

I'm a Dune fanatic. The name of this blog is a Mentat Fixe (adacto) from Chapterhouse Dune. This post's title is from the Manual of Muad'Dib from the original Dune. I'll try for as long as I can to have post titles that are Dune-related.

If you like science fiction and fantasy, I highly recommend going to NPR and putting in your top five favorites to help them compile the reader's choice top 100 SciFi/Fantasy books of all time.

Okay, now to the gritty stuff: why am I participating in cpd23? Well, I feel kind of out of it. I've been at a library that's been in a bit of a rut the last few years - beating back the budget monster year after year and in major managerial transition - and I feel stagnant. So, I want to get back on the technology bandwagon and start putting professional development first in my priorities again.

2 comments:

  1. I love the title for your blog. Although I have to admit that it is because I find the sentiment true rather than getting the Dune reference. I'm a huge SF fan though, and Dune is on the long list of things I will get to. In the meantime, I look forward to your blog post titles and reading how the 23 Things are going for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Dune. Sci-fi lover high-five! Never worry about not having anything to say. I like that you have non-cpd23 content!

    ReplyDelete