Thursday, June 23, 2011

Muad'Dib could indeed see the Future, but you must understand the limits of this power . . .

" . . . And always, he fought the temptation to choose a clear, safe course, warning 'that path leads ever down into stagnation.'" ~Dune

Great article on changing libraries. I know it's hard for some librarians to wrap their heads around the new roles for libraries - I see it all the time in my library. We still have several of the shushing librarians! We are also in the process of examining our current public desk set up. We have eight desks strewn around the library and we struggle to keep them staffed throughout the day. The old way of thinking about desk scheduling is meeting the new way of dealing with staffing shortages and cutbacks. I'll provide data on here as I can. It's very interesting so far.

And I'd LOVE to see a cafe in our library. Along with becoming a Yes You Can! library.

1 comment:

  1. Love your enthusiasm! Thank you for the article link which summarizes a lot of my ideas. Coming from a more traditionally organized library world 9(germany), it's great to see how it slowly changes, too.

    Good luck with the programm!

    ReplyDelete