Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It has occurred to me more than once that holy boredom is good and sufficient reason for the invention of free will. ~God Emperor of Dune

I've got my Twitter account up and running again. I never really knew what to say on Twitter - I was one of those people who thought it was just celebrities updating on their lunches. I guess I was just not following the right people! So, now we will see . . .

I tried Pushnote but none of my twitter or facebook friends are on it yet, so it's pretty useless. Plus, the fact that it only works with chrome, firefox, and safari means I can never use it at work. Also, I don't have system admin authority, so I couldn't download it anyway. Oh, well. I'll try it at home at some point.

I've been using RSS for a while now. I love things coming to me instead of going out and getting it - my friends and family always wonder where I find the quirky things I send them and post. It all comes from my feeds. I follow some funny people/organizations/websites. It can be really fun! Some of my favorites to follow are:

(non-library)
  • Boing Boing
  • The Daily WTF
  • AJE
  • Coding Horror
  • Fark.com
  • Ars Technica
  • Newsvine-Technology
  • slashdot
  • The Kitchn
  • xkcd
  • The Big Picture
  • What's Hot in Google
  • Design Milk
  • ffffound!
(library-related)
  • Tame the Web
  • librarian.net
  • Infotoday Blog
  • Librarian in Black
  • Library Stuff
  • LIS News
  • NPR Books
  • Salon Books
  • Stephen's Lighthouse
  • Swiss Army Librarian
  • The Elegant Variation
  • The Shifted Librarian
  • The Ubiquitous Librarian
  • Love the Liberry
  • Unshelved

No comments:

Post a Comment